Here’s how it works: you can participate by attending an event sponsored by another Braddock family and/or host an event yourself. By attending, you agree to make a donation (which will range in amount based on the activity) that goes directly to Friends of Braddock. The host family or families agree to host the event as a donation to Friends of Braddock, so fun is had by all, while money is raised for Friends of Braddock.
You could host an activity such as:
- Game of flag football in the park
- Hosting a movie night in your backyard
- Sharing a skill you have with others such as flower arranging, cooking, or car maintenance.
- Dinner party
- Poker night
- Chili cook off
- Group hike
- Museum visit
- Anything you think would be fun for Braddock Magnet students and/or parents to participate in!
As an event host, the sky’s the limit when it comes to your ideas!
As the host of the event you choose:
- Who is invited — kids, adults, or both, as well as the number of guests
- What the event is, and what is included in the cost of tickets
- Where it will be held
- When it will be scheduled
- Why — fundraising for Friends of Braddock of course!
If you have a great idea but lack the resources, we can try and team you up with another family to make it a reality. 100% of the ticket cost will be donated to the Friends of Braddock. If you have an idea, we’d love to hear it!