Friends of Braddock Gifted Magnet (FOB) is a non-profit, parent-led organization whose mission is to support the academic and enrichment needs of students at Braddock Gifted Magnet. Active parents formed FOB in 2010 to help fund classroom supplies, academic programs to support gifted learning, technology needs, and dedicated teaching assistants. The FOB Board consists of active parent volunteers. All Braddock Gifted Magnet parents are members. Every dollar FOB raises is used to fund ongoing programs or to institute new ones. FOB encourages parents to get involved on campus. There are many ways you can contribute and enrich the educational experiences of the students. Thank you for your interest and support of Braddock Gifted Magnet!
What Does Friends of Braddock Fund?
- Teacher’s Aides: FOB funds two teaching assistants dedicated to our four classrooms. LAUSD does not pay for teacher’s assistants.
- Educational Materials and Classroom Supplies: FOB funds classroom books, curriculum, subscriptions, supplies, ink, and teacher training.
- Enrichment: FOB funds arts education and physical education, such as art, theater, and dance programs. FOB also funds educational assemblies, such as for Black History Month.
- Field Trips: FOB funds field trips requested by the teachers each year.
- Technology: FOB funds teacher laptops and has previously funded computers, laptops, and an HD videocamera for use by our students and their teachers.
- Yearbook: FOB produces an annual yearbook for Magnet families.
How can I Get Involved in FOB?
- Complete the online FOB Roster Form (FOB Formulario de Lista en español). This will add you to the FOB email list for program-specific information.
- Join the Parents of Braddock Gifted Magnet Facebook Group. This is a closed forum for current and former Braddock Gifted Magnet parents. You can ask questions, share information, or post pictures from field trips/school events. After you request to be added, a moderator from FOB will approve you after verifying that your child has accepted a spot at Braddock Gifted Magnet.
- Volunteer to get involved. Email the Friends of Braddock President and let us know how you would like to be involved at Braddock Gifted Magnet.
- Attend FOB Monthly Board meetings.